Uploading files: There are 2 ways to upload print ready files to your Gelato Account. You can either 1) Upload directly on Gelato Globe or 2) Upload via the Print Plugin. Note: To be able to upload files you need the permission 'Upload Files'.
1. Uploading directly on Gelato Globe: Log in to your Gelato Globe account and click on "Upload File" on the top right corner. Then select if you want upload via Computer or Dropbox.
- Upload via computer - click on "Computer" and select the local file you want to upload
- Upload via Dropbox - click on "Dropbox" and login to your Dropbox account. Once logged in you can select to upload multiple of your Dropbox files at once. Uploading multiple files at once is only supported by the Dropbox upload, so if you have many files to upload we recommend to use Dropbox.
When you have selected the file/s to upload, the system will check dimensions of the file/s and automatically find matching format(s). Once finished, you will be able to verify the detected format (or change it if preferred) and also select paper type.
Files will automatically be added to your library and can be marked with one of these statuses:
- Configure format and paper: we have identified and applied the most suitable format. The system assigns a default paper, therefore. This message will also appear if you need to select a type of folding or if your files doesn't have bleed. All new files will be marked with this Status.
- Print ready: after the steps above, your file will be marked as Print ready, meaning it's ready to be ordered.
- Other: if you have DAM activated, you will be able to upload any types of files (fonts, images, videos, powerpoint etc.) and these files will be marked accordingly.
2. Uploading via Print Plugin: If you haven't downloaded the plugin, download it here. Then open your file in InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop. Open the Print Plugin under "Window", then "Extensions" then "Gelato". Sign in with your account details to the Print Plugin and press "Upload" to upload your file to Gelato Globe.