Designate text areas, images, or image placeholders for possible adaptation by regular users to suit their needs, such as language, currency, featured product or promotion.
- Save time when designs become frameworks to be used and reused
- Empower end users to customize the material they use in a controlled and brand consistent manner
Editable templates: We support editable templates for standard corporate files that can be customized. Allowing materials to be editable prolongs the life and use of the document.
The text and images on your design may differ among the same designs. Consequently, the members of your group would be able to change the text and images in the saved templates while the consistency of your brand is secured across offices. You can recognize an editable file as they include a pencil and paper symbol on the bottom right of the file when it appears in your Gelato Globe account. Editable templates are good options for designs that have changing information as business cards or brochures. The changes can be done on desktop or mobile. In order flow, you will be also able to download proof on the review page - this way you can see the exact version that goes to print and check it with your colleagues, if needed. In this section you will learn about:
- How to customize the template
- Reorder your customized design
- Change or update the editable template
How to create an editable template: Editable templates are customisable files created with Adobe InDesign that can be edited by users in Gelato Globe account. Install our free Adobe Plugin, choose the format and, when you're finished with the design, upload the file as Design Template to your Gelato Globe account. All effects, transparencies and elements applied in InDesign will work in the same manner as if you'd exported a PDF. We recommend that marketing teams provide clear guidelines on image sizes for any image placeholders used and/or pre-populate a folder of available images. Here you can watch a short video on how to create an editable template.
How to customize the template with your information: Editable templates can be customized by anyone with access to it. You can easily identify them in your in the Gelato Globe library by the small icon on the right side. Please click on the icon, and adjust your file - fill in the fields you want to customize. The changes will be applied into your file directly and will not impact the template. New images can be uploaded from a computer, imported from Dropbox or Google Drive, or selected from the Gelato library (only if the Digital Asset Management feature is activated).
2. Reorder your customized design: If you would like to reorder the designs you have already purchased - the design is saved in your order history (select "Account" in the top right corner, then select "Orders" from the drop down. "My Orders" shows you your order history). Please use "Order More" option. Note that the design will be printed exactly as your previous one. If you want to make changes, please customize a template again. Once you are satisfied with the cards and all fields are saved right, please click on the "Save" button and your design will be directed to the Cart. From there, you can place your order. Please note that the customized file will remain in your cart until you are ready to order. You can log out safely and the card will not be lost.
3. Change or update the editable template: If you would like to make any changes in your saved design (excluding the text that can be customized), please contact your account admin.