In this guide we will take you through the seven steps for you to get started with Gelato Globe and set up your account for your company
Step 1 - Desired outcome for using Gelato
As a first step we recommend to think through how you and your company would like to work with print and use Gelato. The system is flexible in its setup, so take the chance to create the processes and way of working you would like to have, instead of only mirroring old processes. For example: who orders print today? who should order print in the future? How are files shared within your organization and how integrated is your design process with Gelato's Digital Asset Management functionality?
Step 2 - Set up your library
Once logged in, you will come in to the library. You can also find the library under "Account" and selecting "Library". Start with creating a folder structure that will make it easy for everyone to find what they need. You can create new folders by clicking on "Create folder".
Something else to consider when creating the folder structure is the possibility to make selected folders visible to selected groups (see more about groups in Step 4). One example is a setup where you have multiple offices/countries that use different type of material. In that case it could be handy to create one group per location/country and only allow them to see the folders that are relevant for them. If you want to check and see how the library looks like for a given group, you can click on the dropdown next to "Show folders visible to" and see how the library looks like for the chosen group.
Step 3 - Upload files
When you have your folder structure in place you can start uploading files to the platform. You can upload files in two ways, either on the platform or via our Gelato Print Plugin. It is important that the files you upload for print are designed in accordance with our File requirements. Here you can also find a guide for designing files for Gelato.
Step 4 - Set up addresses
You will find Addresses under Account -> Addresses. In this section you can populate shipping addresses, recipients, billing addresses and cost centers. It is recommended to add the most common shipping addresses, to make it easy in the order process for your organization. It is however possible to add shipping addresses in the checkout as well. It is important to verify the billing addresses & entity details with your finance department. If you want to use cost centers you can add them and attach them to a billing address. It is also possible to use project codes, and if you prefer to use that instead, please contact support and they will assist you.
Step 5 - Set up your team
You will find Team under Account -> Team.
- Roles: Start with checking the roles and add more or change the permissions if needed to suit your required setup.
- Groups: When done with the roles you can add the groups you would like to have. Important to know is that everyone who is part of the Main group can use all available payment methods on the account. Creating groups is a way of limiting the payment methods for certain groups. A common use case is that some groups are allowed to pay with invoice, and some only with payment request. Here is where to limit these possibilities. If invoice is allowed, you should add the billing address to the group.
Step 6 - Settings
Settings for the account you can find under Account -> Settings.
Here you can set different rules:
- Rules for payment methods allowed on the account
- Paper type rules to ensure consistency
- Quantity rules to ensure correct amount is ordered
- Shipping rules
The possibility to use invoice needs to firstly be activated by the support team. If you are allowed to use invoice, but can't find it under payment methods, please contact support.
- Simplified business card ordering link - The simple business card ordering flow is a simple solution that enables all users in a company to order business cards, over desktop or any mobile device. For ease of access, the solution does not require users to sign up. This link can be made public for all your colleagues and shared on your intranet or any other internal communication channels.
- Branded store - Gelato Globe customers have the ability to set up a "branded store" interface for their Gelato Account. To request a branded store, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. The Customer Service team will then activate your settings.
Step 7 - Invite your team
When your account is set up it is time to invite your team to the platform. You can invite them under Account -> Team -> Users -> Invite. You can invite new users in two ways, either via e-mail or by sharing a link. It is recommended to invite via e-mail because then you will be able to assign the new users both role and group. In the case of sharing the link it is only possible to assign a role. This is however handy when inviting a lot of people at the same time and adding the link on for example the intranet.
Done! Now you are set up for success! If you have feedback or need assistance, you can contact us at email@example.com.