Guidelines for Files Within Gelato
We use only digital printing, so all files can be prepared in the same way. First check the formats we carry before deciding on a design and make sure you follow all the requirements below.
- Files should be exported as PDF/X-4 CMYK-only, output intent set to GRACoL 2006
- Fonts should be embedded or converted to outlines
- We require a 4 mm bleed area to be provided (8 mm for Wire-O bound products)
- Consider a minimum 4 mm safety area for the text and graphics to reduce cutting issues
- Do not add crop marks, color bars, etc. our platform takes care of this automatically
- For files with more than 4 pages, please export it as separate pages, not spread
- All the above is incorporated in the “Gelato Standard” PDF export preset that you can download and install.
- If you use rich black: preferred mixture 60 60 60 100 – total 280 (for large elements and texts)
- We recommend to create the files in our Adobe plugin, which you can download for free here. When using templates in the plugin document size and bleed area in the work space will be set automatically, so you ensure the file is prepared in accordance with our guidelines.